Sunday, November 1, 2015

Sunday Night Movie: Lord of War

Sunday's are usually very relaxing days for my family and me. We tend to lay around after church and watch movies all afternoon and evening. Today, since it was the day after Halloween, we vegged out on the night before's profits, Halloween candy. The movie for the parents this evening was Lord of War, starring Nicholas Cage and Jerrod Leto (the kiddies were watching cartoons in the playroom.)


This movie was pretty good. I'm not usually a fan of this genre, which I don't even know what you would call it because it wasn't really action or drama. I'm also not a big fan of Nick Cage but I can stand him. This was more of a documentary type drama, I guess. The story was basically about a guy who decides to start in the gun trade business during the Cold War in the 1980's. Once that's over, he is out of luck and tries to find any way he can to traffic his arms and ammunition all while dodging the law. 
Here's the trailer if you fancy:

 


No comments: